About Anarashii

Anarashii is a word I have coined myself - incorporating two different languages even! By combining Ana (being me!) and -rashii (a Japanese suffix meaning "-ish" or "-like") you get something "Ana-ish" or "a piece of me" ; )

....exactly how I like to think of my unique Asia-Pasifika infused Crochet and Knit Fashions!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Days when it's great to be a Crochet/Knitwear Fashion Designer...

It was a great time to be a Crochet/Knitwear Fashion Designer on Sunday night when we all got rugged up for the Dunedin Winter Solstice Festival - ironically we had had a lovely and toasty unseasonably warm 17 degrees Celsius just the day before and I had been chuffed to think that this year we would not be freezing our patooties off at the Festival. For once. It is here that I feel I must confess that I fear I jinxed the Weather and subsequently am directly responsible for causing the postponement of the Winter Solstice Festival (actually due to be held on Saturday night) by posting on my Facebook page and asking what time the Festival began - mere seconds after this it seemed, the sky erupted in torrential rain. Goodbye balmy Winter Festival. I. AM. SORRY. So in typical fashion, the next night we rolled our 3 children into ten or so layers of clothing and mosied on down to the Festival after an early family dinner.

Here's me with one of my "Bandit" children, in my "gazillion" dollar scarf (that's ANOTHER story) which a friend once told me looked like it was choking me. He says choking, I say TOASTY : P


Here's one of my attempts at photographing one of the awesomely, amazingly cool paper lantern animals in the Festival Parade. You'll note it looks something like a rabid 6 legged wolf. That's called magic that is - making something appear like something else - right?


In this last pic you can just make out vaguely, that the animal is in fact actually a Unicorn. Vaguely.


I know, I know. Stick with Crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment